Question
Posted by: annie | 2004/12/13

acidophilus

dear dietdoc,

a bottle of acidophilus has come into my possession. im trying to find out if it can be used for anything other than constipation, bad breath and candida. i dont have any of these problems but i thought maybe it would assist/aid weight loss or have any additional benefits? also, would it be safe for me to take if im on the pill?

hope you can shed some light.

thanks very much! have a blessed festive season.

Dear Annie
Probiotics such as acidophilus are intended to normalise the 'good bugs' in the digestive system, so that they will assist with the problems you list. They will not influence weight loss and should have no effect on your taking the pill.
Hope you have a wonderful Festive Season.