Question
Posted by: CK | 2007/12/05

Acidity - what to drink?

I have just checked out some of the postings on acidity, and whilst I got some good food tips, nothing is mentioned about liquid beverages. I know it one suffers from reflux/Gerd you must not drink soft drinks incl diet (i assume these are gas drinks) as it causes pressure on the stomach etc. I however do not have reflux but am extremely acidic and am taking Topzole 40mg at the moment which is working fantastic, obviously at the moment I can eat and drink anything as I am on medication, but I don't intend taking this long term. I have stopped drinking alcohol and have replaced that with appletizer and tab - is it ok for me to drink these soft drinks in terms of acidity?? I also drink alot of water. Please advise.

Dear CK
If you are the same Reader who posted this question on the 4th of December, here is my answer again: "Dear CK
I must admit that in your case, I would do an experiment by drinking a small quantity of each beverage on different days to monitor what happens. Generally speaking anyone with excess acid production (which I presume you have), should not drink gaseous drinks in large quantities."