Question
Posted by: Bob | 2004/11/02

Acid Reflux

Hi, I'm 25 and have been suffering from acid reflux for the past 5 months(my chest burns constantly no matter what I eat and my throat is sore), I had a gastroscopy done and the doc said that there is nothing to worry about and he gave me medication for 3 months. 2 months has already passed while I am on a strict diet eating nothing but grilled foods and a lttle salt no spices and drinking only water but my chest still burns constantly. Can u please tell me how long do you have to take medication for it to work and will I ever be able to eat normally again.

Bob, the medicine is supposed to work within a couple of days. What medicine did he give you and what kind of doctor is he? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.