Question
Posted by: maureen | 2004/10/07

Acid in fruit

I have been trying to loose weight and have been eating fruit and also drinking some fruit juice.
I don't think some fruits agree with me as I seem to get sore legs and sore upper arms.
Can you tell me which fruits I can have.
I know if I drink a lot of wine I get the same symtoms, I think I have an acid problem.
Many thanks

Dear Maureen
I don't think that it is the acid that is a problem, if it was you would develop stomach symptoms. I can only suggest that you have a medical checkup to see if you are not deficient in certain minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium as this could cause pains in the limbs.