Question
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

acid: can it still help like b4

About a decade ago docs had me on a controlled amount of äcid" daily, seemed to help then. ANY INPUT??

Various wild claims were made for benefits for acid use, not a single shred of good evidence exists to suggest that this was ever true. We know that it can have serious side-effects including blowing up a psychotic illness in someone susceptibly to that. Heck, if you give a minute quantity to a spider, he weaves a disorganized web.
And I do know that in earlier times the SA army had some very weird and some rather awful people working as shrinks.
Now proper chocolate cake, now you're talking ! In THAT I would happilly join you !

18
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/15

Hey Deubel i didn't think of that one. mite not b far from the truth

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Deubel | 2005/12/15

We all know that Dr Wouter Basson developed special drugs to be employed in warfare. Maybe you were a giunea pig?

Reply to Deubel
Posted by: Banana | 2005/12/14

Pleasure, hope it will help you understand why it was given to you in the first place

Reply to Banana
Posted by: f/x | 2005/12/14

hey shooter in CT but cool thought anyway ; )
hope all goes well and connect laterover and out of here for now

Reply to f/x
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

banana thanks for the tip. i'll do some reading soon.

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Banana | 2005/12/14

Strangely enough Shooter acid was developed to cure people with mental poblems, it might help you to uderstand why they gave it to you if you try anf find a book written by Dr. Hoffman, he invented acid so to speak, you should be able to find his books old bookshops. hope that will help you to understand the acid thing at any rate.I

Reply to Banana
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

f/x are ya in jhb? might be able to help wiff da cake!!
Ta frusty hangin on with both hands

Reply to shooter
Posted by: fin/ex | 2005/12/14

hey shooter
you will find something that works - they also said i was a special patient coz i i recated badly with different meds. you'll get to find what works for you. so as our frusty says hang in there. and more hugs to you (for the cake analogy especially - it rocked - maybe it's because i am lis for a BIg chocolate cake)

Reply to fin/ex
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Just hang in there Shooter.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

frusty i'm goin to the state hosptials soon (wf's medaid & she refuses to acknol the prob {avoid the issue & it will go away} so i must pay my own way. if she finds meds, they'll be gone).
f/x thanks for the input, previous docs refused to use same treatment as sadf but most standard drugs react negatively (convulsions/vomit/rage/suicidal/coma) So i'm kinda special patient maybe

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Eish, if you were here in the U.K. you would be able to sue, irrespective of what government ruled when etc. What they did was wrong. Full stop. Surely somebody must take responsibility?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: f/x | 2005/12/14

hey babes
acid is one drug that has always scared me - wouldnt try it maninly coz i thought my chemistry was pretty cooked as it was anyway. the army went a long way to mess up people's lives hey. listen i have heard of these drugs being used way back when for the mind t oopen up places etc but i think they're not used any more coz everyone's sort of figured out that they also do some damage. i myself am anti medication for myself and def anti acid tripping drugs just coz i dont want to mess with my fragile chemistry as it is. but you know what works for one person not necessarily work for another.
so actually i have no input
are you on any meds at the moment

Reply to f/x
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

if it was them, they will say there was a change of ruling party in gvmnt. i'm white & toughshyte, that is life. when we were called up for service we had to sign docs giving the state full & final control of us. soos hulle gese het: 'kyk noord en fok voort"

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Well, I don't know medically what would or would not have worked, but I am sure that it would have slowly reduced your brain power and eaten away at your body. Can't you sue them? I know it doesn't make up for what you are going through, but it might just help you get better treatment if you are financially able.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

thanks frusty, took a lot of reading to be able to think similar to a woman but im a male. u know, i was always being too energetic or passed out to notice side effects. all but one:-) my perifferal vision is so good that i sometimes see too much & the nite vision is almost cat-like (just ned the special skin tone on the nose to perfect it. but yes i was anti-social for many years & probly most ofthe shudders,twitches & other crap i experience is due to that treatment. but could it haveworked if continued?

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Are you male or female, Shooter? I assumed you to be female, don't know why. But anyway, they always say minimal side effects because they don't have to take the drugs they pump into you. Crazy!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: shooter | 2005/12/14

frusty, they tried wierd things in da barmy army back then. i think i was in the army then, not too sure now. hey was hyper active, non sleeper, peacefull, kind dynamite body.(too long ago( minimal side effects until u stop meds

Reply to shooter
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/14

Hells Bells, Shooter, are you serious? Surely there is a healthier option to deal with your problems? Why would you want to do that to your body and your brain? Maybe that is part of the problem now. I don't know. Would love to hear what CS has to say.

Reply to Frusty