Question
Posted by: Funny arm | 2006/11/02

Aching forearm

My left forearm aches every now and then. With numbness and tingling sometimes. I've considered carpal tunnel syndrome, but my fingers are fine and it's not my dominant hand either. I've considered arthritis, but there's not swelling or redness. It's not heart problems, I have no family history, I lead a healthy lifestyle and my blood pressure is low rather than high. It feels centralised around my wrist, and sometimes my palm also aches. It's about a 6/10 on a pain scale. Any idea what this could be? It's been recurring for about 2 months now.

Dear Funny arm
You could have a deep ganglion, and carpal tunnel syndrome can sometimes cause pain in the arm but not in the hand - I think you should see an orthopod.