Posted by: Belinda | 2007/05/29

Achilles Tendon

I have experienced mild to severe pain on my Achilles Tendon. I do not excersize and cannot recall doing anything that would cause and injury. The Tendon is espesially tender to touch and I have a little bump on it. The pain is worse after inactivity feels better once I walk around a bit and then really aches if I sit still after walking. Stretching it is very sore. I have been taking ibruphen for a couple of weeks now. I have had the pain for 12 weeks (felt it soon after giving bith - about a week after). What else can I do to make this better. Should I see a doctor and if so, which kind.

Thank you
Belinda Colyer

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

It certainly sounds as if you have an achilles tendinitis, and withoot a clear cause it is difficult to say why you have it.. But a possible is ïf"you were on a certain class of antibiotics prior to the onset it is a side effect of some antibiotics especially the quinolones.
having said that you still have the tenddinitis and it needs treatment in it`s own right, I suggest you start with a physio and possibly a podiatrist as well

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.