Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2007/05/29

Achilles Tendon

I have experienced mild to severe pain on my Achilles Tendon. I do not excersize and cannot recall doing anything that would cause and injury. The Tendon is espesially tender to touch and I have a little bump on it. The pain is worse after inactivity feels better once I walk around a bit and then really aches if I sit still after walking. Stretching it is very sore. I have been taking ibruphen for a couple of weeks now. I have had the pain for 12 weeks (felt it soon after giving bith - about a week after). What else can I do to make this better. Should I see a doctor and if so, which kind.

Belinda Colyer

Expert ImageArchive

It certainly sounds as if you have an achilles tendinitis, and withoot a clear cause it is difficult to say why you have it.. But a possible is ïf"you were on a certain class of antibiotics prior to the onset it is a side effect of some antibiotics especially the quinolones.
having said that you still have the tenddinitis and it needs treatment in it`s own right, I suggest you start with a physio and possibly a podiatrist as well