Question
Posted by: Devon123 | 2007/03/16

Achilles pain

The past 2 months i've been getting this incredible RANDOM pain from my achilles - happens occasionally and if i play sport etc.
Almost like someone is stabbing me in the heels at the time. I've seen a foot specialist and says i need to see a Biokinetist - Is there any other things you can recommend or exercises etc I can use to gradually strengthen my achilles - I apparantly have a slight rupture in the tendon...
I've been strapping it, would this help over time?
Thanks, any help appreciated

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Devon 123

Eccentric exercises of your achilles can help. This is where you slowly stretch your achilles by standing with your forefoot on a step and letting the back of your foot go below the level of your toes. Slowly. And then raising it.
ten times per foot twice a day.
DrP