Question
Posted by: Devon123 | 2007/03/15

Achilles pain

The past 2 months i've been getting this incredible RANDOM pain from my achilles - happens occasionally and if i play sport etc.
Almost like someone is stabbing me in the heels at the time. I've seen a foot specialist and says i need to see a Biokinetist - Is there any other things you can recommend or exercises etc I can use to gradually strengthen my achilles - I apparantly have a slight rupture in the tendon...
I've been strapping it, would this help over time?
Thanks, any help appreciated
Heath

Expert ImageArchive

You also need to see a Podiatrist as well as a biokineticist, not only do you need to address the strength flexability but also the mechanics of the feet as this can be hugely influential in causing the achilles pain. You also need to look at your footwear and the actual mechanics of the sport

Please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249