Posted by: Devon123 | 2007/03/15

Achilles pain

The past 2 months i've been getting this incredible RANDOM pain from my achilles - happens occasionally and if i play sport etc.
Almost like someone is stabbing me in the heels at the time. I've seen a foot specialist and says i need to see a Biokinetist - Is there any other things you can recommend or exercises etc I can use to gradually strengthen my achilles - I apparantly have a slight rupture in the tendon...
I've been strapping it, would this help over time?
Thanks, any help appreciated

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

You also need to see a Podiatrist as well as a biokineticist, not only do you need to address the strength flexability but also the mechanics of the feet as this can be hugely influential in causing the achilles pain. You also need to look at your footwear and the actual mechanics of the sport

Please call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.