Question
Posted by: Tracey | 2007/12/12

Aches and Pains

I have been battling with various aches and pains this year. It could be arthritis as my fingers sometimes get a bit stiff and sore. My feet are painful underneath every morning when I get up out of bed, especially under the heels. My legs are also quite stiff when I get up and I have found in the last week I have to take panado to be able to get myself going in the morning. Also in the last week I seem to have developed a temperature and do not feel too wonderful.
I am finding this all quite depressing as I have no enery to do things, I always have pain somewhere in my body and I have no strength in my hands and wrists.

Dear Tracey
Your symptoms do sound like rheumatoid arthritis - so yes I really think you should see your doctor for possible x/rays and blood tests, and referral to a rheumatologist.
Symptoms of RA includes sore, stiff, swollen joints, tender to the touch, tiredness, fever, morning stiffness for at least 30 min in the morning.
See www.emedicinehealth.com/rheumatoid_arthritis/article_em.htm
Dr BEts

4
Posted by: small feet | 2009/03/09

when i go to bed and lay for an 1/2 hour and have to get up it is sore to stand on my feet and when i awake in the morning it is also sore why? i gave tried calcuim magnesuim tablets but nothing, what do i do

Reply to small feet
Posted by: Tish | 2008/12/21

my legs ache all night I sometimes can' t sleep-my legs and ankles are oedemetous and pit -why I drink at least 2 litres of water a day! also my bach aches -why?

Reply to Tish
Posted by: Rika | 2008/10/15

My middle right finger is very sore and also on the stiff side it is most irritating. The nuckel does seem a little swollen. Any idea what it could be.If i make a fist my hand is sore but not major more a feeling of being swollen

Reply to Rika
Posted by: Ree | 2008/09/02

I have severe pain in my right hip when walking or standing for long periods. I find it difficult to walk once the pain starts. This pain goes away when I sit down or lie down.
The pain feels like it grips my whole hip area into the groin area.
Dr had a sonar done and found that I had gallstones. I have not had the gall bladder removed yet.
Could this cause such pain or not? Are the symtoms arthritis or could it be the sciatica nerve being pinched?

Reply to Ree