Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2007/11/27

Accupuncture after pregnancy loss

Hi Dr Debbie

I went for a few accupuncture sessions with my ivf treatment, which resulted in a twin pregnancy. I unfortunately lost this pregnancy 2 weeks ago due to an infection of the membranes which resulted in premature rupture. I was 23 weeks pregnant and the dr did a procedure called a hysterotomy (similar to a cesar) to remove my 2 babies.

What I want to know is can I start accupuncture again immediately to a) assist in the recovery process and to b) assist with new fertility treatment (ivf) that I will start in Feb. The dr's have told me that we need to wait 3 months before attempting another ivf - to give the scar time to heal. I want to do as much as possible to be as healthy as possible when the time comes for the treatment.

Thanks for you input.

Expert ImageNatural health

what is the question ?