Posted by: HEARTBROKEN | 2008/08/11

I' m sitting at work and just want to cry. My son' s ex girlfriend won' t allow him to take his child out for the day. I fetch her every weekend which he knows and then he wants to take her out but I' m scared to let him do it without the mother' s agreement. He is not aware of this and I' m in a state because I don' t know what to tell him to avoid a big scene. The past 2 weekends I' ve been making excuses but I won' t be able to continue.
What should I do???? I hate being in the middle.

If this is his child, and there is any degree of conflict with the bio mother, they should have gone to court and have had a firm agreement as to access etc. fixed by the court. He should not take the child without the mother's agreement or knowledge, and if you assisted you could also become liable for problems. Legally if he is the bio father, she is NOT entitled to forbid him to have proper access to the child. And you should not be in the middle --- they are supposed to be adults and to behave like adults, and consider the best inetrests of the child rather than mutual spite.