Question
Posted by: Vee | 2004/11/22

Access archives

How does one access previous postings. Paul has intimated or asked if anyone condones my previous behaviour on the forum. I would like to see what he is talking about.

Hi Vee,
It may depend on WHEN a message was posted. If it was in the last week or so, you can page back a page or two in the main forum section. If it was earlier than that, there is an archive of the forum which you can search. I'm not sure exactly which parts of the message are searchable --- I know you can search for particular words within the text of a message, but I'm not sure whether you can easily search by author / poster of a message, or by date.
And I'm sure the other folk are right, though -- dont let yourself get into a lather about this episode, and concwentrate on dealing with your own grief, and perhaps ofering some support and assistance to the family --- THAT's important.

4
Posted by: Vee | 2004/11/22

Thank you for at least being kind and understanding.
I feel so terrible with everyone going overboard like that. Not sure it was necessary. Will shrug the whole story off. I too have other more serious things to concentrate on rather than what people think of me.
thanks anyway.

Reply to Vee
Posted by: J | 2004/11/22

I myself tried to access the archives in search of "your" previous postings.Was unsuccessful, though.
I do agree with Annie.Dont work yourself up.However, maybe Paul could give a brief summary of what he's reffering too.If it would clarify matters, though I dont think it would.It might just end up in another slinging match.

Reply to J
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/22

Hi Zee,

It's a bit of a process but if you can recall the title, or poster, then you type into tha search fiel on the top right & see what it comes up with. Good Luck man.

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Annie | 2004/11/22

Hi Vee
Don't get yourself worked up.It;s not worth it.You have just been thru a terrible experience so try and stay calm , your friend will need your strength. You will see on this forum that the regulars stick together.
Look after yourself and your friend.
God bless

Reply to Annie