Posted by: Buks | 2009/01/15

AC Joint injury?

Hi Doc,
On a heavy incline dumbell-press my training partner grabbed my wrists to assist in the lift taking away all the strength from my chest leaving me with only my delts.
Shoulder has been hurting since then - early Oct 2008. I' ve been having these shoulder problems for a loooong time - on and off. (40 YO) Struggling to do chest exercises etc.
Reading info from shoulderinstitute i think its the AC joint.
Could you please suggest a Doc in PTA that specializes in this procedure?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Buks,

I agree with you that it could be your AC joint. I would suggest you see Dr Theo Rosch who is a good shoulder specialist in PTA and can exanine you and confirm the diagnosis. You may mention to him that i "referred" you

All the best,

Dr Joe de Beer

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/24

Hi Doc

Who in your opinion is the best shoulder specialist to see in the gauteng(Pretoria) area regarding repeated shoulder dislocation?
I need to find someone who has an excellent track record when performing latarjet shoulder surgery.

Thanking you in advance

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.