Posted by: Scared | 2004/10/12

Abusive Relationship


I have been seeing a guy for 5 years now and it's been and on and off relationship we broke up for a couple of months and I met a guy 2 months ago who really liked me but I went back to my guy of five years.
But lately his become physically abusive hitting me and calling me all sorts of names because I went out with this other guy.
I fell pregnant from my guy of five years and he keeps telling me it's not his child and I feel he wants to kill me and my baby lately I am so scared to leave I don't know what to do.
His family sees what his doing but they don't think anything is wrong and they say I must learn to respect him that's why he does this to me.
I am scared to tell my family to help because they keep warning me about this guy but I never seem to listen.
He has so far hitten me everyday since Friday and my arm and back all have black and blue bruises.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

No point whatever in continuing with an abusive relationship. Call POWA for advice, and protect yourself and the baby. If his family is so stupid as to see abuse as ever justified and deserving of respect, they're idiots you'd be better of getting away from. Your own family might indulge in a little "I told you so", but maybe not even that --- they warned you because they feared that something like this might happen to you, and surely they'd want to assist you at a time like this.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/13

Get out and go to the courts -get a protection/restraining order against him. That way if he ever tries to contact you or hurt you in any way he will be immediately arrested.

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/10/13



Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Callie | 2004/10/12

Get out as assoon as you can. Not just for you but also for the child sake. I am 35 years married for 12 years and getting black outs and seeing a shrink to help me cope with my past. I was a child who crew up in such a home invirement. He use to drink and beat my mum. Now I don't drink and my wife having it hard coping with my black outs and my son of 9 stresses also about it. Please get out, you will do even your childs family a favor when he or she gets married one day.

All the best and I pray you get the strengh to go through with this.

Reply to Callie
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/12

Hi Scared,

As soon as you can get in touch with POWA.
No-one should live under these circumstances & no-one should have that kinda control over another.

Take care,

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: xxx | 2004/10/12

Do you really want to raise your baby in such a relationship. Please get out of it as soon as possible. Ask your family to help you. It will only get worse and you have your unborn child to think about. You do not want your child to suffer also and if he goes on like this he can easily hurt your baby inside you. Please, help yourself and free yourself of this bastard!

Reply to xxx

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.