Question
Posted by: kas | 2004/11/04

Absent periods

I have been off the pill for 7 months, and my periods were regular in the beginning. My last period was on 1 September I had protected sex on th 3 Sept and have not had a period since then. I had a blood test done on the 13 October, which was negative for pregnancy. But I still have not had my period. My skin has been breaking out, and I am very bloated. Should I consider doing another test? or take something to make my period come? Please advise

You need to find out what is causing you not to have a period. You could have a cyst, PCOS, or some other cause.

1
Posted by: Jay | 2004/11/04

Hi Kas

It sounds like you could have a hormone imbalance - nothing major, but could be just slightly out . I too had the same problem and have since discovered I have Polycycstic ovaries and that is why my cycle was so messed up. I too came off the pill and for the first 3 months my cycles were pretty regular and then they were all over the place with some being as long at 60 days! To cut a long story short I have since been diagnosed and am on glucophage which has regulated my cycles to 32 days (well the past 2 months) I would consult your gynae and have a scan and blood tests done. All the best.

Reply to Jay