Question
Posted by: Mom | 2007/04/25

ABSENT PERIOD ON MINERVA

My daughter is 13 and put on Minerva 2 months ago because of her problematic periods. The benefits are twofold in that she is now pain free during period time, and also her acne is starting to clear. Last month her period was lighter than before, and problem free, which was the ultimate goal, but this month, although having taking 4 of the white "dummy" tablets, her period has not yet started, although her body has given her the usual warning that her period will start. All she has had is mucus with flecks of brown. Is this normal for the pill, or should we rather take her to a gynae?

The Pill can make periods lighter, but her period may still start. As long as it starts somehwere in the inactive pill area, it is normal.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/26

I used to take about 4-5 inactive tabs before starting. I would suggest that if she hasnt started in the next day or two maybe you should see a doctor.

I was on Minerva/Diane 35 from the age of 13 until 26, without a break. I have pcos now some doctors say it might have been from the prolonged use of the pill whilst others say it was just the pill covering up the pcos for all these years. Who knows but please just bear that in mind for your daughter, I would hate for her to battle to fall preg like me.

Reply to Dee