Question
Posted by: peanut | 2007/11/29

ABSENT PERIOD

I am a bit worried and would appreciate any assistance or advise.

I am 25 years old and was on the pill for almost 9 years (initially Diane and then Minerva). During this time I had a period every 28 days. I've now been off the pill for about 3 months. The first period I had after going off the pill was about 2 weeks late. Since then I have not had a period at all.

Can it be that my body is still adjusting to not taking the pill and my hormones might be mixed up, or is this a reason for serious concern? Should I consult my gynae now or give it a while?

Please help... I went off the pill because my hubby and I are thinking about starting a family.

It could be your body adjusting to being off the Pill.

3
Posted by: peanut | 2007/11/29

Thanks for the replies girls!

I did do a pregnancy test 'n bit more than a week ago, and it was negative.

I bought another one today - maybe I tested to early!

Reply to peanut
Posted by: zoe | 2007/11/29

it could be your body still adjusting or you could indeed be pregnant. Did you do a pregnancy test yet?

Reply to zoe
Posted by: Nix | 2007/11/29

it might just be your body adjusting to not being on the pill. i'd give it another 3 - 4 months if nothing then see your gynae. it can take up to a year for the pill to work out of your system.

Reply to Nix