Question
Posted by: Liz | 2007/05/18

Absence of period & weight gain

Hi GynaeDoc,

I had regular periods up 2 +/- 3 yrs ago. I stopped having a regular period, went 2 c my GP & he put me on2 pill 4 6mnths. I stopped taking pill afta 4mnths bcoz I gained 10kgs in 4mnths. I still had irregular periods afta coming off pill - got 2 point where I was having all pre-period symptoms (blotting, cramps, etc.) but no period. I then went back on2 pill 4 a further 7mnths gaining another 10kgs. I stopped taking pill in Aug 2006 bcoz pill made me feel terrible. I hav been off pill 4 9mnths & I can't loose weight, my facial hairs are darkening and my hair is falling out more than normal. I constantly feel dizzy & fuzzy everyday. There is a history of Horme Imbalance & grows on ovaries in our family. I feel awful. What could it be?

It could be PCOS. See a gynaecologist to check for this.

1
Posted by: Lin | 2007/05/18

Sounds as it might be PCOS. The best is to keep to a low GI diet and to go and see a gynae. Hope you get answers soon!

Reply to Lin