Question
Posted by: Johan | 2004/11/29

Abs training

I have some loose skin and some fat on my abs and i have tried for about a year now to get rid of it but it doesn't seem to work.
Im not very clued up with all the stomach exercises and would like to know if you could assist me with this.

I would like to know of all the diffirent exercises I can do to get rid of this unwanted skin and fat. My abs are kind of hard and it feels very strong but I can't see them.

Can you please help me.

Thank you.

Hi Johan

I'm not entirely sure what you have done up to this point, so what I will do is give you some generic ideas for how to solve this problem, and then refer you onto a website where you can find some very good ideas on weight training.

For the weight training programme, check out the following website where you can go to to find out more about weight training:
http://www.health24.co.za/specials/buc/buc.start.asp

It contains good advice, explanations and assistance with the different types of exercises for different body parts, and even programmes for different types of people. Well worth a look

Now, perhaps more important, you have to combine this weight training with cardiovascular training in order to achieve results. The cardio is perhaps even more important, and includes things like walking, jogging, running, swimming or cycling. In order to burn the fat, you need to do these types of cardiovascular exercises as least 4 - 5 times a week for at least 30 - 45 minutes. This will help to increase the amount of calories that you use and help to decrease your body fat. I'm not sure if you have been doing this, but it's really important that you begin with this at the same time as the weight training.