Question
Posted by: Neo | 2004/01/08

ABS M.I.A

I go to gym regularly (+-4 times a week). I do cardio as well as muscle training. The only body part which I train every day is my stomach, I do +-240 various ab exercises, however I don’t seem to see any improvement, that is, the six pack. My stomach is very hard, but that’s where it stops. I do have a slight “love handle” but I’ve started to watch my eating habits i.e. no chocolates, fizzy drinks, white bread etc. etc. What more do I need to do to start seeing the six pack (and not the bottle store type)

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Neo,

Well done ont he training regimen. I would like to emphasise two things however: 1) ab muscles also need to rest and you may be overtraining them and 2) no matter how good your abs look you will never see them if you even have a small amount of fat on your tummy.

So, maybe train your abs three days a week and then you should maybe also start with cardio to lose whatever fat you may have on your abs.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist