Question
Posted by: abs-breasts | 2004/01/07

abs-breasts

hi cud any females help me with gr8 exercises to firm breasts,,home exercises as well as gym ,,,and how many of those exercises,,,,,also wat foods do i stay away from,,,coz it seems like all the fat goes to my breasts...and hips..

as for crunches,,,how many is necassary a day,,to get a fab 6 pack,,,here again wat foods do i stick to...

I would suggest that you check out the 'Zone-in-on' section of the Health 24 website (www.health24.co.za). You can find this section under 'Fitness', and then just click on the image that shows the areas you want to work on, and you will be able to see the exercises relevant to you. Doing exercise for the muscles in the chest area might do some good for you, but the other very important thing to realise is that if you tend to gather fat in these areas, that you cannot "spot reduce". That is, you can't really try and reduce the fat around your stomach, thighs and abdominals by just doing exercises for those areas. This kind of exercise, using specific muscles only, actually burns fewer calories than exercising large muscles groups in dynamic cardiovascular exercise such as walking, jogging, running, swimming or cycling. In order to burn the fat, you need to do these types of cardiovascular exercises as least 4 - 5 times a week for at least 30 - 45 minutes. This will help to increase the amount of calories that you use and help to decrease your body fat.

Having said that, it is still important to do some strengthening and toning exercise and obviously to include exercises that make use of the muscle groups in your abdominal area. The exercises that you do will depend on whether you have access to a gym or you do body weight exercises at home. This is where the exercises in the Zone in On section will come in handy.