Question
Posted by: mike | 2007/12/05

abs

I've been training my abs for while now with basic crunches. what other techniques can i do to target from different angel.

Ive heard of crunch with a twist? can you tell me how to do this? and what other alternatives do you know of (without a ball or any equipment).

Hi Mike

The crunch with the twist, as I understand it, would involve getting the normal crunch movement in but with an oblique movement - try to think of a situp where your right elbow touches your left knee, and vice-versa. That rotation is the twist.

As for others, is your objective to create definition in the abs? A big of that, remember, is that you must also reduce body fat and therefore do cardiovascular training. You could do a thousand situps a day and make little impact at all, unless you also do the cardio. So perhaps that's what you need to address, more than another exercise?