Question
Posted by: Anita | 2005/07/01

about Low Lying and Breech

Hello,
I am Anita and carring 24 wkees pregnent.
Two days before i went for scan and my report say that my baby is breech and placenta is low lying.
Q- Is there any problem to my baby and may compliction during delivery? or Is any compliction will come letter on my natural delivery?

There is still plenty of time for the baby to turn and the placenta to move. Only if the placenta is still low by 34 weeks is it a problem.

2
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/01

Hello Anita,

I am still pregnant with my first, so i am by no means an expert. So i might be wrong here.

Very often a low lying placenta corrects itself as the pregnancy progresses. I read an article the other day about this and it also said that usually a low lying placenta is only diagnosed early in the second trimester. I am not too sure about this, but i think your baby still has a lot of time to turn before birth...

Hopefully the more experieced ladies will be able to correct me if i am wrong.

GOOD LUCK

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Mary | 2005/07/01

Normally with a low lying placenta the baby cannot be delivered naturally, this might also be the reason that the baby is lying breech.

I am not an expert - this is just what I have read, the GynaeDoc will be able to assist you better.

Also go to www DOT women24 DOT com - this website, under the 'pregnancy' section provides a wealth of information.

Good luck, hope all goes well,
Mary

Reply to Mary