Question
Posted by: Dermy | 2007/12/04

About 42 year old skin

Hi Anti-Ageing Expert

I think that I must be a bit of a strange anomoly in that I have never drunk a lot of water, had severe emotional stress in my life and my skin looks very youthful. Most people think I am about 27 and I am 42. The only think is that I am not and never have been a sun-worshipper, I guess that must be it. I do the cleanse, tone and moisturise routine for all my life, but using ordinary products, without the big price tag.

However, I have developed fine broken capillaries on my cheeks which I had laser for but they returned. There is a particular patch on my left cheek. Does anything actually permanently remove this? I have been on cortisone for allergic asthma all my life too which apparently leads to the condition.

How can I deal with this on an otherwise really good if sensitive skin?

TX

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dermy, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately there is no permanent solution for removing the fine capillaries that appear on our face, neck, and/or chest.
You have several options in treating them once they appear: IPL, IPL combined with Bi-Polar Radiofrequency, and Laser. However, once they have been treated, a good topical regime may prevent or delay there onset:
A SPF 30 or more that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium oxide (I really like the Heliocare range) applied several times daily.
A combination of topical vitamin C and an anti-oxidant (my preference is Prevage MD).

1
Posted by: LEO | 2008/01/04

Hi I see you like you recommend helioproducts could you please tell me where i can buy it I am in the cape town area

Reply to LEO