Posted by: Staci | 2011/11/04

Abortion support/forum


Please advise. I had an abortion about 10 years ago. I felt manipulated into the abortion as I was very young at the time and let my feelings for yhe father dictate the choice I made. I have regretted it ever since. Now my husband and I are trying to conceive and I have been obsessing about falling pregnant and I am sure its because I never fully dealt with or got over what happend. I need to know where I can find an abortion support group or forum or details for a therapist in the Joburg West Rand who can help me deal with these issues. I also still feel very connected to the father even though I havent seen him for the better part of 10 years>  I always seem to go back to my feelings for him even though I dont want to go back there but I still feel very strong emotion toward him which bounces between love and heartache. I feel if my husband and I can just conceive I will get past mourning for the baby that is gone and past the feelings I have for my ex.
Please help - I dont want this to run my life anymore

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I agre with the good comments from other readers. Proper counelling should be absolutely compulsory with all abortions. Do see a good local counellor or psyhothrapist to work through this remaining grief and related issues so as to be able to move on in life and enjoy pregnancy and your eventual child. FAMSA should be able to recomment someone with useful experience in this field.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lin | 2011/11/06

Totally agree with the ladies above. First work through your current issues. Phone FAMSA - they''ll be able to give you details of counsellors in your area

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Marie | 2011/11/05

Maria, I second that. Staci you need to deal with the issue at hand first and get rid of the hold the ex and aborted baby has over you. Pick up the phone, call your GP and ask for a referral. You will not regret it.

Reply to Marie
Posted by: Maria | 2011/11/04

Staci a new baby causes stress in your life, even if he or she is much wanted and loved. You cannot use a baby to try and heal an old hurt. Rather work through the issues first so that you can welcome your child with peace in your heart. It is not fair to your husband or your as yet unconceived child, to carry around these feelings in the hopes that they will just disappear.

Reply to Maria

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.