Question
Posted by: Thami | 2005/12/12

Abortion & Periods

Morning,

I had an abortion on the 18 of Nov 2005 and would like to know when will I see my periods or was the bleeding I was having my periods?

Your period could be delayed so that you have it 4-6 weeks after the abortion.

2
Posted by: Tragedy | 2005/12/12

I'm actually from the U.S. (Didn't realize this was mainly a suth african site till recently, haha) I'm not sure how you do things there, and it may depend on the procedure you used. I very recently had a D&E performed and I could see my periods anytime from 3 weeks to 8 weeks.

Reply to Tragedy
Posted by: Gill | 2005/12/12

After an abortion they normally give you a contraceptive injection that lasts for about 3 months. Which means you don't see you period for 3 months. I'm not to sure if thats how all the abortion clinics do it thoughI'm just talking from my experiance.

Reply to Gill