Question
Posted by: tales | 2003/03/25

abortion and sex

Since I had an abortion last month, i'm no longer enjoying sex.Its not that my partner is not interesting cause he is but I don't seem to enjoy?

Unless you are having pain with intercourse, your lack of enjoyment would not be from a physical reason. You may be depressed or have psychological isssues around the abortion. Counselling would be a good idea.

4
Posted by: Just me | 2003/03/26

I also had an abortion a month ago as we could not afford a baby emotionally or financially. I am also experiencing problems but more around the fact that it is so tedious to find and put on condoms and as such a lot of spontaniety has temporarily deserted us. But that is the key - it is temporary. I am giving things time. I am not sure if this helps - but just remember that you are not alone!

Reply to Just me
Posted by: Kate | 2003/03/26

You have just been through a major life decision and even though you have the right to choose to have an abortion, you probably still fell anxious about it (did I make the right decision?). Maybe you should go to the clinic for some post-abortion counseling? Do you feel negative towards your partner? Did he maybe make you feel like you needed to abort your baby? Could it be resentment or do you maybe just not want to have sex and take the risk again? These are questions you need to chat to a counsellor about.

Take it easy.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Baby Blue | 2003/03/26

Possibly guilt.

Reply to Baby Blue
Posted by: www | 2003/03/26

Possibly a psychological issue?

Reply to www