Posted by: visitor | 2008/08/01

this is not a judgement but just my thoughts... there are often posts on H24 re abortions, morning after pill, unwanted pregnancies etc. What i cant understand is why a person would use abortion as birth control and go through such horrible physical and mental trauma when it is so easy to be responsible and rather take a pill everyday or have an injection every 3 months. if it just happened spur of the moment then you probably shouldnt have had sex at all . if you know you will probably be sexually active why is it so hard to be responsible??

I'm sure this will provoke a range of opinions and responses, though this is a perfectly reasonably point of view. As I'm old enough to remember the earier, repressive days when a woman who became pregnant before or outside marriage was classified as "ruined" and her whole family disgraced, and abortion were illegal, one can see that things have improved significantly in reducing some of the problems such a situation caused. On the other hand, things do seem to have swung over too far to the other extreme, with people taking pregnancies outside of stable relationships, abortion and related issues rather too lightly. From a situation which tended to ignore individual rights, to one that sometimes seems to think of nothing else.

Posted by: aNNa | 2008/08/01

I' m with CS on this one.

Reply to aNNa
Posted by: Teopo | 2008/08/01

Judge Not Lest You Be Too!

Reply to Teopo