Question
Posted by: vicky | 2006/11/09

Abortion

Hi guys could you please help me with gyno around milpark or cbd who can perfom an abortion im 5 monhts pregnant and I dont want any labour pains one time I have an abortion it was painless it was performed by a doctor in Brenthusrt but i forgot his name they perofmed it in theat.

5 months is too late for an abortion.

29
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/13

Vicky any apdates on how you have decided?

Reply to ?
Posted by: I cannot believe you people!!!! | 2006/11/12

Vicky. How could you think of doing this??? That baby has already developed to the point where he or she cann hear your voice and feel your emotions. Give the baby up for adoption. Won't you sleep better if you knew you spared that baby's life and gave him to people who may not be as lucky as you to fall pregnant and who would give him a home that you are not able to at this stage??
What I should actually ask you is if you have ever heard of contraception or condoms???? If you are unsure of how it works, go see your Dr so he or she can explain it to you. You could also put a smartie between your knees and keep it there. If the smartie falls you know your knees are too far apart!!! PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to I cannot believe you people!!!!
Posted by: Nats | 2006/11/10

? I do agree, but to pummel this woman who has a serious issue is not fair, can you imagine what emotional struggle it must be to have to consider aborting so late in a pregnancy.
I have had children, miscarried and had an abortion that i regret, but i have to live with that guilt, not anyone else. Here is a woman who is really worried about her future and all she is trying to do firstly is find out information but before she even gets the chance so is so criticised for the question she is asking.
I understand completely how everyone feels, me personally as a mother, i feel for her and her children who are already born, i feel for the unborn child growing inside her, as someone who had to have an abortion due to medical reasons, i understand what emotions Vicky is going trough. But say now she has the child and there are complications and the child either 1, dies or 2 is disabled, then where would she be. I am not wishing badly on anyone, i just think that we all need to back off as strangers or as friends who have not met yet.
I understand that this is a very touchy subject for people to comprehend, but take the motherly figure as a mother and look at Vicky as your child, what would you do if you knew al the facts. We have no idea what happens in Vicky's daily life or if she is barely hanging onto life or if the only reason she is still alive is for her other children, think carefully if you want to make someone feel worse than they already do.
Vicky, everything happens for a reason, just make sure that the choices you make are the consequences you can deal with. Maybe one day you will meet one of us and be able to talk about things more openly before being "beaten up on".

Reply to Nats
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/10

Nats, you are very considerate, I must give you that, I think the problem with most of us at this stage is the fact that this pregnancy is already at 5 months, it's not just a little fetus, fish like looking ball of cells that is growing there, this is baby, that could probably survive if it were to be born right this second. I think that that is the big issue and it is very very heartbreaking to think of it that way. This is a serious issue, honestly. Cause plain and simple it is murder, especially at this stage of development. She could just as well have given birth already and now decides to discard of this little thing. That's the reality of this issue for most people I think...

Reply to ?
Posted by: Nats | 2006/11/10

HI Doc

Please close this subject

Reply to Nats
Posted by: Nats | 2006/11/10

Vicky, you seem to be taking all your thoughts into consideration. I admire you for being so brave and taking the abuse from some of these people. Like i said before, it is your choice, don't let ANYONE tell you differently.
Liesl24, thanks for the support. I think that Vicky needs more people around her, that support her choices and decisions.
Vicky, if you are already struggling to feed, clothe and educate 3 children, then i fully understand why bringing a 4th child into this world would not make life any easier or fair, to your other children or to yourself.
You have just started a job and I am sure that you would like to ensure that you have a steady income for the next few years to make sure your children are well taken care of. Having a baby now would mean that your income would be cut for a 4 month period with no UIF benefit either. Should you have the baby and give it up for adoption, how do you explain that to the rest of your children, i am sure that they will understand that you have a baby in your tummy, then there is no baby, think about how that could affect them as well.
As for all the women who are prolife, i am NOT disagreeing with you at all, however it is not fair to be so nasty.
Eschelle, i am sure you are desperate to have a baby, but you have to go through the right channels, you can't just ask Vicky to give you her baby.
Vicky, do some research on the net and see what your options are, with all this stress in your life, i am surprised that you haven't lost the baby. And as for your other children's father, well every dog has it's day and it will come, so don't worry too much about him, if he doesn't want to pay, go to maintenance court and get some legal assistance, even though he isn't working, you can still order him to pay you minimal maintenance.
Good luck with everything.

Reply to Nats
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/10

You know what, because of you I couldn't sleep last night!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: brave you | 2006/11/10

If you can't feed and cloth three children how does a fourth child matter? If its your job you are concerned about, you can't loose your job because of you state of pregnancy, if you do you can sue them for (sex) discrimination - legal aid will help you - and you will be able to feed and cloth all 4 children happily. How do you manage to keep 3 children alive with no food (and manage to have access to email and money for termination) and why haven't you thought about fostering or adoption to date? I know its hard to let go, but what's good with fostering, they are still your children to get when you are able to afford to keep them with you. Lots to think about. If you terminate why not get sterilized at the same time? that sure will save you lots of money and stress too.

Reply to brave you
Posted by: N | 2006/11/10

IF YOU ARE AROUND PRETORIA YOU CAN GO TO WOMAN'S CHOICE IM SURE THEY WILL HELP YOU.IT IS ON SCHOEMAN STREET AT THE PRINSMAN'S PLACE.GOOD LUCK!!!!

Reply to N
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/09

Liesl, please don't tell me you are supporting an abortion on 5 MONTHS!!!!!! No person could ever say that they fully support an abortion at that stage, that's just plain wrong!

Reply to ?
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

Liesl! Aren't you a stranger too? So stop helping her to kill her child, and instead help her to let the child live!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/09

If you know it's wrong vicky (as you said yourself), then don't do it... Adoption is the only option that I would ever go for... It's way too late to have an abortion done, not at 5 months, I beg you. Contraceptives are freely available at ALL clinics. You have to be responsible, as I gather this has happened once before...

Reply to ?
Posted by: Hand of Hope | 2006/11/09

Vicky, go check the site I sent you in post 3307, please

Reply to Hand of Hope
Posted by: Liesl24 | 2006/11/09

Vicky!

Stop reading all of these posts...it is YOUR body and you do not have to defend yourself to a bunch of strangers!

You are obviously going though hell, so be strong and have courage for the decision that you will be making...just don't have any regrets. And make sure you always learn from the mistakes you make in the past.

I am sure a Marie Stopes clinic will be able to help you with all of your questions and concerns.

Good luck!
Liesl

Reply to Liesl24
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

The last baby you killed, did you look at the baby? Did you see how he looked like after the abortion? If you've seen it, I don't think you would have even think about killing another baby again!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

You want me to take the baby? Because I will!!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

I HATE abortion! EVEN I WILL TAKE YOUR BABY, REALLY, if only he/she could live! Will you think about it!? Just don't kill te baby!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: vICKY | 2006/11/09

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND GUYS I ONLY GOT A JOB LAST WEEK SO I VE NOTICED THAT I M PREGNANT WHEN THEY TOOK THE BLOOD TEST FOR HIV AND ANOTHER THING I M A SINGLE MOTHER THE FATHER OF MY 3 KIDS IS MARRIED TO ANOTHER WOMEN WHO DOENST HAVE KIDS AND WHO IS GOING TO LOOK AFTER THE KIDS BECAUSE MY BOYFRIIEND HAS RESIGNED AT WORK BECAUSE THE GIRL FRIEND CAN PROVIDE HIM WITH ANYTHING HE WANTS HE DRIVES A NICE CAR WHEREAS I HAVE THIS SECRET ON ME I KNOW ITS WRONG BUT I DIDNT NOTICE IT I THOUGHT I VE GAINED WEIGHT BECAUSE I WAS UNDER A LOT OF STRESS IF IM NOT DOING THIS I M NOT BE ABLE TO START ANEW JOB CLOTHE MY KIDS PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE FOR THEM, A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS SCHOOL.

Reply to vICKY
Posted by: E | 2006/11/09

There are so many woman like me who desperately wants a baby and you wants to kill a baby and had already previously kill a baby I really don't know how you can live with yourself.

Reply to E
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/09

Please don't kill the poor baby! How can you live with yourself even thinking about it! It's murder! You'll forget about the labour pains when you hold that little gift in your arms! You'll regret it for the rest of your life, that is if you have a heart!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: M | 2006/11/09

If I read your post right - you have done this before? Had an abortion? Why not stop having sex and take some responsibility for your actions? Next thing you'll be asking about HIV as it's clear you don't use protection! 5 months and now you are making such a decision - for your sake if you have it done I hope it's pianful as it will be nothing compared to the pain inflicted on that growing baby!

Reply to M
Posted by: GG | 2006/11/09

22 Weeks: Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn. His lips are becoming more distinct and his eyes have developed; though the iris still lacks pigment, his eyebrows and eyelids are in place. His pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily and the first signs of teeth are showing beneath his gum line. Before you know it, your baby will be smiling at you. The baby now weighs almost one pound / 430 grams, measures nearly 11 inches/ just over 27 centimetres long from crown to heel, and is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed. Although she's getting heavier every day, her skin still appears wrinkled because she needs to gain more weight. The fingernails cover the fingertips. Your baby can now hear your conversations. If you talk, read, or sing to your baby, expect her to hear you. Some studies have found that newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in utero. Vicky, think about what you are thinking of doing. Rather give him/her up for adoption.

Reply to GG
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/09

Vicky,

Hopefully you will not find any individual ill enough to perform an abortion at 5 months. That is fully formed little baby in there, and it would be a criminal act to murder it at this stage. You should have thought of this 4 months ago if at all. No self respecting professional will kill a baby at this stage, rather think of adoption - there are millions who would love to have a baby. I suggest you go on contraceptives in future or get sterillised - abortion is not a form of contraception.

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Nat | 2006/11/09

Vicky, i agree with KEL, Mary Stopes is a very good place, they are very helpful and they will council you in terms of what procedures you will go through. There is a branch in Bryanston, although unfortunately you will experience pain, but maybe a little more painful than a regular period. If you do decide to go through this, then ask your partner to join you as it is very important to have some support, if he can't be there, then ask your closest friend or relative. Also get a microwave beanbag or hot water bottle for the pain.

Good luck honey, make the right decision for you.

Reply to Nat
Posted by: ha | 2006/11/09

i second that ?, i think you should just leave the pregnancy and then give the baby up for adoption. on this forum there's a lot of ladies ttc and you post a question about abortion. i'm not trying to judge you but it's a very sensitive issue,atleast think about it first.Five month is very late and you might be putting your life at risk. i've done it because i had german measles and it get painful everyday thinking about it.if i may ask why would you want to have an abortion?

Reply to ha
Posted by: ? | 2006/11/09

I am sorry, I don't want to judge you, but 5 months! That's quite far already, it's not just something, that is already a baby. Darling, please please think carefully about this one, especially because you are so far already... It's just 4 months to go then you can always consider adoption rather...

Reply to ?
Posted by: sour | 2006/11/09

I m in Jhb do you know any Gynae who can perform abortion without pains,maybe to perform it in theater

Reply to sour
Posted by: KEL | 2006/11/09

GO TOO THE MARY STOPES CLINIC IN PIER 14 THEY WILL HELP YOU

Reply to KEL
Posted by: brave you | 2006/11/09

Brave you placing an question like this. many other ladies have been crucified just hinting at the topic of abortion.

Reply to brave you