Question
Posted by: Ambzie | 2005/06/06

Abortion

I'm a sixteen year old girl and i may possibly be pregnant. I have not told anyone about my situation as i am contemplating having an abortion. Could you please tell me about any clinic's in Cape Town where an abortion is either free or not too costly as i am going through this on my own. Please can you help me as i'm really scared.

You could try the Marie-Stopes clinic. Their charge is about R800.
Alternatively you could go to a government hospital where the charge would be minimal.

2
Posted by: Husband | 2005/06/07

Hey gynae doc!! What advice is this to a 16 year old! My word what is this world coming to when doctor's dont have hearts. Try to talk this girl out of it. Ask for her phone number, maybe she just needs someone to talk to her and guide her!!

Pro life people!!!!

Reply to Husband
Posted by: andy | 2005/06/06

Dear Ambzie
I don't know what your situation is but please speak to someone that you trust. Abortion is a painful thing to go about on your own. Also look at adoption but I take it you don't want your family to know. The physical pain of abortion is gone in a day but an abortion can scar you emotionally for the rest of your life. I didn't have a abortion I had a miscarraige a year ago but the pain of losing it is still there. Think this through carefully and speak to your mom, your life will not end if you keep the baby. But the final decision is yours.
Best of wishes

Reply to andy