Question
Posted by: CT | 2004/10/01

ABORTION

Hi Doc,

I had an abortion on the 10 September by my Gynae, he did a clinical abortion as I was over 12 weeks (in theatre) or something like that. I bled a lot for a few days though. My problem is its now 3 weeks already and I still have a brownish discharge and it doesnt smell good.

I havent slept with my husband ever since the abortion. What could be causing the discharge and what can I use. And how soon can I take the Pill for contraceptive? I really would like to start being intimate with my husband but I am embarrassed about the smell.

If it is foul-smelling it sounds as if it may be infected. You need to see a doctor to get proper examination and treatment

1
Posted by: Penelope | 2004/10/01

Three weeks is a long time, yes. By now it ought to have ended. You may have an infection and should have it checked out. Also, I think the discharge should be more yellow than brown by now.

Reply to Penelope