Question
Posted by: Starshaped | 2007/06/25

Abnormal worms

I got a 6 week old puppy yesterday and have managed to get an appointment for inoculation and deworming next monday (7 days from now).
He seems to have terrible worms (some almost 5 cm long, but doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and is eating well. Is it dangerous to wait until his appointment?

The sooner you can have him wormed the better. The larger worms could be ascarids. Most other round worms are microscopic.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2007/06/25

Nearly all puppies have worms, so it's in no way abnormal. But I would agree, the earlier you get it sorted, the better.

I wouldn't recommend a vet who is so busy he can only see you in a week, frankly! Isn't there another one? Alternatively, could you not perhaps get the worm meds so long from the receptionist - phone ahead and check, and at least get that done so long.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: WR | 2007/06/25

Hi there!

If I where you - I'd phone another Vet, and get an appointment for today!
Even if it is only to weigh him quickly, and get the right medication for him.
DO NOT wait for a week - get it done today still!

Ciao!

Reply to WR