Question
Posted by: fati | 2008/01/29

abnormal weight gain

Hi! doc ive had an abnormal weight gain of 6-8kg in a period of 2 months.My baby is now 7 months old ,and when i gave birth i lost all my weight that i gained and also weighed less than what i was when i fell pregnant with my baby.Ive been for a thyroid test and it was normal.My stomach seemed swollen a little from under my breast from the time i gave birth,and the doctor said that my hormones could be affecting my colon as i had delivered through caesarian section. The swelling on my tummy is gone even worse and i look pregnant. Ive been taking nexium 20mg now for the last 2 weeks.Could you please advise in what to do as im getting very depressed seeing my weight just not coming down as im still eating the same amount of food like iwas when i had lost weight after my baby.

Dear Fati
I would recommend that you go back to the dr who is monitoring you are the birth of your baby and discuss this abnormal weight gain with him. If he prescribed Nexiam this would be for an ulcer or excess acid production? Ask him about this too. One condition that can cause rapid weight gain or loss is of course depression. If you think that this could be the reason for your increase in weight then it may be necessary to consult a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist to help you sort out why you are depressed. Post-natal depression is relatively common so it is something that one should consider after the birth of a baby.

1
Posted by: fati | 2008/01/30

Hi !doc i received my blood test results today and my hormones,thyroid,insulin were normal.My cholestral was high ie the LDL-BAD CHOLESTR(3.6),HDL-GOOD CHOLESTR(1.1) & TOTAL WAS 5.6.The doc said my body has gone back to its normal state after the birth,and that my weight has also gone back to its original weght before i fell pregnant,so thats why i had a tremendous gain of 8-9kg.
PLZ HELP.

Reply to fati