Posted by: help me | 2008/09/30

abnormal period

hi doc am sorry to post to you but the gynae doc forum is up to bull she doesnt answer any questions. heres my problem. i am 20 years old i had a miscarriage in feb this year at 9 weeks i had a d& c but promblem is i now have a 27 sometimes 26 day cycle and i spot for the 1st day or so before i see a normal period. i want to know should i be concerned about this? and what can be done to rectify this problem? i really cant afford to see a doc right now as i dont have money please help me which ever way you can i will really appreciate it.

thank you

Dear Help me
It may help to use a hormonal contraceptive (something like Triphasil) for a few months ( about 3 months) just to normalize your cycle again. If you have pain, an abnormal discharge or heavy bleeding is it better to rather see a doctor.