Question
Posted by: worried | 2008/07/09

abnormal period

I am 32 and have always had a normal period. For a while now after every 4th or 5th period (which lasts about 3 days) I get a VERY heavy period which bleeds through my clothes, bedding, everything and I get very painful cramps for about one day. Its thick and gross and looks like "beetroot". I am worried that this is a sign of something serious, but after the day of bleeding I feel fine and as fit as a fiddle until the next 4 months. Please advise on what could be wrong or should I visit my gynae?

I can't tell what the cause is. A visit to your gynaecologist would be a good idea.