Question
Posted by: PJ | 2007/05/14

Abnormal Menstrual Cycle & Pains

I am 35 years old, I had a full Gynae examination November 2006, transvaginal scan, internal & pap smear all 100% clear. Ovaries & womb normal.
I have in the past month been experiencing an abnormal menstrual cycle. Had normal period beginning of April 07 then again in the middle of that month(middle of cycle) and again on when it should have occured. Included brown discharge here and there too.
I am now on day 19 of my cycle, I experienced unexpected bad period pain in lower abdomen for about an hour or so(have not had severe pain in years) there is a brown discharge & feels like a period is lurking.

It could possibly be a cyst. I woul;d suggest that you see your gynaecologist again.