Question
Posted by: cal | 2006/04/04

Abnormal cervical cells

Last Dec, my pap smear results showed that I had SIN 2 cervical cell abnormality, I had to have a colposcopy (think that's what it's called??!!). I was wondering what the success rates of this procedure is and what my chances are of the abnormal cells reappearing...

The colposcopy was hust to have a closer look with a microscope. You would need follow-up to check how things are going

1
Posted by: lou | 2006/04/04

Hi Cal

i had the same, also had the procedure done and its been over two years and I'm 100%. My gynae told me it is a very succesfull procedure. Its minor surgery with a laser and local anaesthetic (although some docs do put you under general) - I wouldn't worry, if your doc was worth his salt then you are free and clear

Reply to lou