Question
Posted by: Cury | 2006/07/23

ABNORMAL BABY

What are the chances of having an abnormal baby if my wife is 40 years old and I'm 30 years old with a high percentage of abnormal sperms (teratozoospermia)?

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Cury

The term "teratozoospermia" is non-specific, and without further detail I am unable to give you a clear response. Equally, the actual percentage of abnormal sperms would influence the magnitude of the risks. Your local specialised medical genetic or fertility clinic would be the best source of information, as they would have access to the relevant data. They could also discuss the various reproductive options which are open to your wife and yourself.

Kind Regards,

Genecare Consultant Medical Geneticist