Question
Posted by: concerned | 2003/12/19

abdominal pains

I am 6 weeks pregnant and suffer from severe abdominal pain, no bleeding. ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out. the pain is so bad that it causes nausea and my body is soaked in sweat. please help!

This could be due to stretching of the ligaments of the uterus. It could also be a bladder infection or a non-related problem, e.g. bowel cramps or appendicitis. If the pain is severe, see your doctor for assessment.

1
Posted by: HEALTHCARE | 2003/12/20

You may be suffering from anxiety or stress affecting your stomach nerves or you may have stretched some abdominal muscles.

Nausea is one of the hallmarks of early pregnancy (because of hormones).

Just try to relax, do some seep breathin, eat only bland foods (non-spicy and non fatty) and get plenty of rest.
Do not stretch or pick up any heavy parcels.

If it persist, please contact your healthcare professional for an assessment

Take care

Reply to HEALTHCARE