Question
Posted by: Zelna | 2008/01/10

Abdominal Pain again!!!

I have had this abdominal pain now for maybe more than 4 months now. It is concentrated near my stomach entrance as well as on my right hand side under my breast. I went for a sonar and they have indicated that my liver is enlarged. My liver is 18cm long (??) Could this be the reason for my constant hearburn. I don't drink at all, not even at occasions.
When I actually do have drink I start to flush red in my face and on my chest and the alkohol makes my stomach go. So I stay away from it. I started taking Essentiale and the dr has me on Legalon. I have a very nervous / stressfull type of personality and has been on calming tablets since i have been in school (i am now 36). Could it be these types of tablets that caused it and is there any other suppliment i can take to help my liver. (I am watching what I am eating and is using the fat free aproach as well as some tips I saw from people suffering from cholestrol.)

Dear Zelna
Liver problems would not cause heartburn, you may have a stomach ulcer or a hiatus hernia. I would strongly suggest you see a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy. (http://www.gihealth.com/html/test/gastroscopy.html)

1
Posted by: Gigi | 2008/01/10

Try taking Milk Thistle tablets from Natrodale. It worked for my brother, he was in an accident and his liver got hurt and he had to be very careful in what he ate, but is much better now.

Reply to Gigi