Question
Posted by: blondie | 2005/05/30

abdominal pain after stopping the pill

HI

I have been on Melodene for the past 6 years after having an ovary removed due to a benign tumour. I have now stopped taking the pill in the hope of falling pregnant. I stopped menstruating on Fri 20 May. Since Thurs 26 May I have had lower abdominal aches. Please tell me what could be causing this? Is it ovulation? How long after your period has stopped do you start ovulating?
thanks for the great service

You don't say how long your period lasts, but this could be close to your ovulation time. Have`a look at the Top 5 questions for more information on ovulation and coming off contraception.

1
Posted by: paula | 2005/05/30

I dont know what's causing it, but i have the same problems. I have been to my gynea 2x and he can find nothing wrong. The pains are quite sharp or s'times just a low ache that moves down my legs. I also thought it might be ovulation but i experience these pains throughout the month. Depending on the length of your cycle it could be tho.

Reply to paula