Question
Posted by: EVD | 2007/05/25

Abdominal Pain after eating

I had a Lab Nissan operation 19.07.05 and again 7 days there after. Since this operation I still experiance discomfort and excessive pain. Still can only eat soft food and milk solids. I and an Gastroscopy on the 28.02.07 and a Barum test. According to the barum test the "breek" is back but not that extensive. For the last 4 weeks I experience constent pain in the upper area of the stomach form chest about 2 finger above the "naeltjie". All the food at this point in time coarse severe pain. The only kind of relief is when I put a lot of pressure on the stomach/painfull area. I just want to mention that with the 2nd operation the antheatics gave me Pethedine (Allergic to) and coarse me to want to vomit the hold time after the operation - they gave me a sleeping pil and drips for the nauseness. I did see the Churgion yesterday again and according to him a reverse opp. will be a deasaster and revered me to the gastroloog. I get the impression they know there's a problem and that they gave me something which was on my folder and I told the "nakotiseer". What can I do? Or can you please me with a possible sulotion. I already lost about 39 kg's and this has a big impact on my normal life. Please can you give me assistance.

Dear EVD
I think you should get a second opinion from a gastro-enterologist ( preferably one that is also a surgeon rather than a physician) - It sounds to me as if something was not right with the first operation, if they had to go back again. You may now have scar tissue causing problems. I am going to be away for a day or so but if you let me know in which area you are, I can try and find you a reference.