Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/06/20

Abdominal pain

Morning Doc,

I gave birth to my first son last year May. I have never had these abdominal pain spells before the birth, after birth at least once every two - three months I will have a spell of severe abdominal pain , cramping,that feels like a cramp wave , and a warm sensation in my abdomincal area, this will l last from 4 - 8 hours. When this happens my legs go numb and I can hardly stand up straight. I just lay on the bed in a fetal position. till the pain goes away.Mostly at night but it has happened during the day as well.

I went to a doc two months ago and he said its stress related , gave me some cramp tabs and that was that. I thought it could be an allergic reaction to some spice or food but my diet yesterday was normal, and I have no stressing matter. The cramps started at 1 am to about 5:30.

What do you think this is???

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you visit a gynae for a pap smear and to have an abdominal ultrasound done, in order to exclude any pathological reasons for your symptoms. It can be anything from a chronic urinary tract infection, a gastric ulcer to ovarian cysts ect.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: sasa | 2008/08/04

Iam pregnant and i have been having terrable abdominal pain for the twenty four hours. What is the good answer.

Reply to sasa
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/20

When you went 2 mths ago did you go to a gp or your gynae? This does NOT sound at all normal and if it was your gynae you went to, you should maybe seek another opinion. If it was just your gp, go to your gynae.

Reply to anxious