Question
Posted by: Carmen | 2008/05/21

Abdominal pain

I have had symptoms of what I thought was IBS - extreme bloating etc - this has been on and off for about a year. Lately though, since Saturday, I have had a constant pain in my abdomen close to the hip bone area. My bowel movement though somewhat constipated have returned to normal, but the pain is still there. My mother today wondered if it could be cysts on my ovaries or something related? Is this possible? Am seeing doc this week.

It could be a number of things, bowel or gynae. A assessment by a doctor would be the best route to follow.