Question
Posted by: Nakes | 2005/07/16

Abdominal Pain

I am 25 years old and have a pain on the left side of body starting from my naval moving along the side and stopping just below the pelvic bone on the left side. The pain flows in a halfmoon shape.

The pain got so bad that i could not put any presure on my stomac or have anybody touch me. The Doctor (GP) diagnosed me with a bladder infection which he said causes there to be blood in my urine. After a week of treatement and seeing 2 doctors now, nobody had a clue as to why i had the pain. An internal was done as well and i didnt have any pain when that was done.

I Was given stronger antibiotics and treatedfor irratable bowel movement aswell even though i did not have any of the symptoms.

I have gone for a ultrasound and nothing was found to be wrong with my pelvic area and my urine was sent for testing and was found to have no specific germ but a combined set.

Its been more than a month now I still have the bug/germ and pain.Ii was given more antibiotics and sent home and told only to return if the pain returns.
The doctor said as the scan showed nothing wrong with my pelvic, seeing a gynea would not change anything.

I dont know what to do? I Still have the pain however it is not as bad as before.

I no this is alot of detail, however i hope it helps you in giving me advice.

Kind regards
Nakes

From what you have said, it sounds like a bladder infection. If it does not respond to the antibiotics, a kidney X-ray might be needed. If it is thought not to be a bladder infection, the next step would be a laparoscopy.