Posted by: Louise | 2008/06/29

Abdominal hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy 6 days ago and know I should have pain and discomfort. What I don't understand is the spasms I get when relaxing my abdominal muscles or going to the loo. It is very painfull as it creates a deep burning sensation on my cut. It feels just like the contractions I had after both my ceasers only problem is that I don't have a uterus any more!!!! Is it normal and for how long will it continue?

It may be bowel cramps, but it is hard to say. Phone your doctor if you are worried.

Posted by: Heidi | 2008/08/12

I had a Vaginal hysterectomy with pro-lapse repair. I got the same simptoms, my doc said it is normal because there are a lot of stiches inside.

Reply to Heidi
Posted by: murtle | 2008/06/30

I also had a hysterectomy on the 19th May. I also felt similar pains. So I think it is normal. Just remember to rest as much as possible especially for the first three weeks. DONT pick up anything heavy.

But if you really very worried phone your gynae.There are days that you will feel great and days that you feel tired and awlful. It is six weeks after my op and I still sometimes feel like that and still have that burning sensation by my cut. My dr says it takes about 3 months for everything to be 100%

Reply to murtle
Posted by: Ella | 2008/06/30

it is a painful opperation, if this is bottering you just phone your docter and ask him if he thinks you should come in and see him, when are you suppose to go for your check up ? was it not at six weeks ?

Reply to Ella