Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/04/12

Abdominal discomfort

Dear Doc,
for the past 4 weeks now I have suffered discomfort in my abdomen - and it has started to move to my back at the right hand corner. I get bloated all the time, and my stool - which was always regular (once or twice a day), has changed to maybe once every 2nd day. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes its almost diarrhoea-like with mucus.
The pain is not severe - it's just irritating! Do I have some intestinal disorder or gallbladder disease or what?

Hi Dee
You could have an infection in your colon - ask your doctor to do a stool microscopy and prescribe something like Flagyl or Kantrexil if needed? I think you should also take some Probiotics 3 times a day for the bloating. Scopex will help for cramping.

1
Posted by: Marco | 2007/04/12

I have the exact same problem 2 weeks now. Also bubbly noise in lower gut. First stoole normal followed by very watery stools and sometimes explosive with a small amount of liquid. Sounds like IBS to me. I have about 10 meals in me.

Reply to Marco