Question
Posted by: Kathryn | 2004/01/09

Abdominal cramps during exercise

Was exercising, when I suddenly experiecned severe lower abdominal cramps. It definitely wasnt stich or anything like that.

Hi Kathryn

It is difficult to know what this could be - it is something that one would not to ignore, just in case, but at the same time, it may be nothing serious. It could be related to a meal that you ate, it could be caused by menstruation pains, or it could just be a muscular strain. I'm not sure how things have gone or will go from now on, but maybe you just need to very carefully train and see what happens. If it repeats itself, and particularly if it becomes a problem even when you are not exercising, then I would certainly suggest that you see a doctor about it.

I hope that you are able to exercise without any pain, and that this was just a once off thing, but if it does repeat then you must not hesitate to seek advice.