Question
Posted by: Kathryn | 2004/01/10

Abdominal cramps during exercise 2

Went to see physio today, he said it wasn't muscular. It definitely wasn't to do with a meal. Was doing some gentle stretching this morning, and experienced the severe abdominal cramping again. Except this time I have continued to cramp all day.

Hi Kathryn

It's good that you have eliminated two possibilities so quickly - the muscular option was probably the least likely to be the cause, but it is good to have that out the way. In this case, and considering that you are sure it was not some gastrointestinal problem caused by a meal or food poisoning, I would definitely consider seeing a doctor. As I said, this pain during exercise is one thing, but when it starts happening during very gentle activity and then carries on, it is certainly worth looking into with a doctor. I am not sure what the cause may be - I would not want to speculate, not being a doctor, but I really do suggest getting to a doctor when you can.

GOod luck, and I hope that you are able to find some relief and a solution quickly